Back To School Month — Soon the kids will be heading back to school.
No doubt, it is tough being a teacher in 2010, but imagine being a teacher in 1915!
Here’s a list of rules that American teachers in 1915, were told to obey.
- You will not marry during the term of your contract.
- You are not to keep company with men.
- You must be home between the hours of 8pm and 6am, unless attending a school function.
- You may not loiter downtown in ice cream stores.
- You may not travel beyond city limits, unless you have the permission” of the chairman of the board.
- You may not ride in a carriage or automobile with any man, unless he is your father or brother.
- You may not smoke cigarettes.
- You must wear bright colors to school.
- You may under no circumstances, dye your hair.
- You must wear at least 2 petticoats.
- Your dresses must not be any shorter than 2 inches above the ankle.