Here are some things to remember for the cold weather courtesy of our wonderful City Fire Chief, Charles Werner.
Due to the impending frigid temperatures, remember to dress warm if you must go outside; keep pets inside; make sure to use flashlights should you lose power to light your home instead of lighting candles; keep your portable cell phones fully charged; check to make sure your medications are well stocked, and that you have filled you car’s gas tank.
And please to be sure not to use generators indoors to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. If you or family members suddenly feel ill at home for no reason and feel better after leaving home, it might be from carbon monoxide poisoning. If in doubt, call 911.
Lastly, if you must travel by car, make sure to have a cell phone, gloves, a blanket, drinking water, and a snack in case the vehicle shuts off and will not restart.
Listen to your local radio and television stations for regular updates as to weather and changing news such as cancellations, etc.