A: Pluck their eye brows.
Vanity thy name is… man. A recent study of Americans reveals that, contrary to popular opinion, guys are vainer than women. Here are the statistics, from Brandweek magazine. Read ’em and weep fellas:
- Slightly more than half — 51 percent — of the men said they wish they were thinner. And 70 percent of those have dieted.
- Men fear gaining weight (36 percent) more than cancer (35 percent) or having heart attacks (34 percent).
- One quarter fret over growing bald, while 23 percent agonize over looking old.
- Approximately 1-in-3 men admitted to having plucked an eyebrow hair or two — or more.
- A plucky 4 percent waxed their backs. Ouch.
- 1-in-5 said they’ve confided in a therapist, while 13 percent have taken an anti-depressant.
- For all their talk of sexual conquests, only 3 percent claim to have had 75-plus partners, while the largest percentage of men — 43 percent — confess to a far more modest tally of one to five lovers.